A vulnerability assessment is a crucial part of an overall security plan to protect your services and applications from malicious users.
Periodic assessments can increase the security posture of your infrastructure by identifying weakness and instituting a plan of action to mitigate the risks.
Quarterly vulnerability assessments are done on your services and applications to ensure the risk is minimized.
While there is no chance to eliminate all risk, but maintaining a continuous, routing plan of assessment, weakness can be identified sooner rather than later and patched accordingly.
Benefits of Vulnerability Assessments
- identify and prioritize the organization’s risks
- minimize the likelihood of data breaches
- help to safeguard sensitive data and intellectual property
- improve compliance with industry and regulatory requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, ISO27002, COBIT)
- improve the reputation and goodwill of the organization
- inspire customers’ confidence